Sonic Blog

Nije pretjerano aktivan, ali nikad se ne zna...

Friday, April 08, 2005

Y-The Last Man 32

Goran Sudžuka is Croatia's top artist. There is a saying blessed amongst women! Well, he definetly is. He enjoys to draw them and now when he is doing new four-parter of Y-The Last Man, his dream came true. And ours, too. Because his drawings of girls are simply magnificent! The first issue of the new story-arc Girl On Girl is out this week in the States and that's why I'm posting here a couple of Goran's Y-TLM pics (along with cover art by Massimo Carnevale). You can also read a short three-questions interview that I asked Mr Sudžuka earlier today over the e-mail correnspondence.

Q: What do you think of Y-The Last Man title? Have you been following the series before?

Sudžuka: Yes, I've read first ten issues or so, and I liked it very much! At that time I didn't even imagine I'd get a chance to work on the series. But, as I'm lazy and slow for ordering books from USA, I only get the chance to read the rest of the series when I get called for fill-in. Then, I read some 20 issues at once, fell in love with it completely.

Q: There's a lot of women around. Do you use the models for drawning them, or do you naturaly have an eye for beautiful girls?

Sudžuka: I have two natural eyes for girls!!! Although i'm heavily shortsighted, lol!
Well, I don't use models and I don't draw directly looking at pics. But Rose (one-eyed girl) looks a bit like Janine Turner, on BKV's (Brian K.Vaughan, the writer) request, and captain Kilina is my homage to Big John's Belith. I do love drawing girls (and women, too) and I like to flatter myself that I'm doing it good. Not so much in the sense how astonishingly hot they are, but also giving them a charachter and not drawing always the same ideal with different hairstyle and clothes.

Q: What are you doing right now, beside Y-TLM? And can you tell us some of yours plans for the future? Is there gonna be something new for American market? Or European?

Sudžuka: I'm finishing the last, fourth fill-in on Y-TLM, and preparing to draw third issue of Beyond Avalon, and I'm still working on French album (Arcanes) that's supposed to be done in October and published in January 2006. Besides one more issue of Beyond Avalon, and a weekly strip of Martina Mjesec (for Croatian web-portal stripovi.com), I have no future plans, except to have a good rest. One thing I'm pretty sure of is that I'll work with Jamie Delano again in the future (they worked together on Outlaw Nation for Vertigo), but it's too soon to say anything more.


If you like what you see here, go on. Go and buy the comic book, it's excellent! It is written by Brian K.Vaughan and inked by always fine inker Joze Marzan Jr.

Mister Goran Sudžuka is currently also working on his and Joe Pruett's project Beyond Avalon. Here you can see the world premiere of the Beyond Avalon cover for issue #3.

1 Comments:

  • Obožavam stripovi, a vidim i ti. Odakle si? Najdraži mi je Biuković i njegov i Macanov Grendel...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home