Sonic Blog

Nije pretjerano aktivan, ali nikad se ne zna...

Thursday, April 07, 2005

New ish of Dylan

I almost forgot that it's this time of the month when we get our monthly fix of Dylan Dog.
My saleswoman at the newsstand reminded me that the new issue arrived today and I choosed my copy (I have that habbit that I choose the mintiest copy inbetween all copies). This month is the reprint classic issue month, and this is the reprint of original Italian issue 31, while every other month is the month of the regular issue.

Dylan Dog is a great comic. It reminds of the Hellblazer because it's mystic and often there's a lot of magic in this thriller, but the main character is not as bitter as Constantine. And Dylan definitely has more luck with the women.

He is one of the trademark characters of the Italian publishing and creating company Bonelli Comics, and he's my favourite Bonelli character along with one Martin Mystery. Here in Croatia, these comics have been published for the last 20-or-so years, they're the bestsellers and in the same time they have a cult status among comics fans.

Some five years ago, Dark Horse published 6 issues (and later one more, the special Zed), but unfortunately Dylan Dog never accomplished big time in the States.

Click here for big image









Dylan Dog Extra #31: Veliki Guignol (96 b&W pgs, Ludens, 2005) Story: Tiziano Sclavi.
Art: Luigi Piccatto.
Originally published as Dylan Dog 31: Grand Guignol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home